Large gatherings are slowly starting to make a comeback, and with them comes the need for services to accommodate groups of people.
Event planners typically know what to plan for when hosting such gatherings, but average people might not be so knowledgeable. Having plenty of food, water and entertainment for your event might be obvious, but a guest’s bathroom needs should always be accommodated as well.
Knowing the types of events where you might want a porta potty is a critical part of being a good host, so read on for tips about when to anticipate needing one (or two):
● Graduation/retirement party: It’s a wonderful feeling to host a large number of people to mark a truly meaningful event in a person’s life. Less wonderful is seeing how messy your house and your floor can get after dozens of guests track dirt inside to use the restroom. Eliminate this possibility by planning on having a porta potty outside for guests to use.
● Weddings: A joyous union between two loving people is something that everybody can celebrate—but it’s important to remember that when the champagne gets flowing, people will need the bathroom. For that reason, a wedding is one of the events where you may need a porta potty on hand.
● Corporate events: If you’re a business owner or an events planner at a corporation, then the big event can be a critical opportunity to entertain sponsors, clients and prospective clients. You want everything to run smoothly, so it’s an event where you may need a porta potty or two around. It will go a long way towards keeping important guests comfortable.
● Construction sites: If you’re in construction management, then you’re likely well aware of most OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regulations, which even govern restrooms. Current regulations stipulate two toilets per gender if a worksite has between 16 and 35 employees. That number bumps up to four per gender if there’s anywhere from 46 to 80 employees, so keep an eye on your employment numbers.
● Disaster relief: Any time a hurricane, fire or other natural disaster hits an area, the plumbing is typically affected. Hygiene and sanitation can quickly take a hit which can cause disease to quickly spread. Nip this in the bud by bringing in some porta potties to fill the void until plumbing can be restored.
● Family reunions: Seeing long-lost Uncle Kevin and Aunt Sally after many years can be a wonderful moment for everybody involved, but you don’t want to be distracted by so many guests putting a real strain on bathrooms. Put simply: Family reunions are a type of event where you might want a porta potty, especially if you’re going to have a big crowd.
Porta potties are a convenient feature of many social gatherings that are also real workhorses; they can accommodate dozens and dozens of uses before needing service. If you think that you’re going to have the type of event where you might want a porta potty, then it’s time to get in touch with our team at Johnny on the Spot. We can walk you through your pricing and size options and leave you with the perfect solution, so call us today!