If you’re planning an outdoor event, construction job or other activity that requires additional restroom space, portable toilets (also known as porta potties) are going to be your best option. You might be surprised at just how many options there are on the market, each of which have their own sets of features and amenities. It’s important to prioritize these amenities and determine what type of portable toilet is best suited for your purposes.
So, what is important when it comes to portable bathrooms? Let’s take a look at what you should be looking for in your search:
- Accessibility: It’s important to have ADA-compliant, wheelchair-accessible portable toilets on the premises for people who cannot enter standard porta potties. This will help you to accommodate the needs of everyone who will be on the worksite or at your event. ADA-compliant portable toilets include more space for greater maneuverability, lower toilets, lower toilet paper and paper towel dispensers, grab bars and, when applicable, ramps.
- Availability: Is the company you’re researching available to provide you with the potable toilets you need on the dates you need them? If they don’t have exactly what you need for your date range, you should opt for a different company rather than compromising on the number and type of portable toilets you need. There will be plenty of other options out there.
- Pricing: Make sure the company you choose to work with has products that fall within your budgetary needs. It can be helpful to obtain quotes from multiple companies so you can determine who gives you the best value, factoring in the amenities and type of toilets with how much you can expect to pay to rent them.
- Options: What are the specific types of portable toilets you can find from the company you’re researching? A standard porta potty might be all you need for a construction site or small event, but if you’re holding fancier events, such as banquets, outdoor weddings or other special gatherings, you might want something with a bit more class and luxury. Select a type of portable toilet that aligns with what kind of event you are planning.
- Health and hygiene: There are OSHA standards that dictate what you need to provide your employees when it comes to health, hygiene and privacy, so this is especially important to consider for workplace portable toilets. But in general, it’s always important to give your guests portable toilets that are private, have hand sanitizer or handwashing stations and are well maintained and regularly cleaned.
- Luxury amenities: Are there any luxury amenities you think would help to provide a better experience and make sense for your needs? Examples include on-site sanitation, heated or air-conditioned facilities, running water, vanities, mirrors, electrical outlets and more. Believe it or not, some porta potties and restroom trailers include these options!
To learn more about how you can choose the most important portable bathroom features to get in your rental, we encourage you to contact the team at Johnny on the Spot with any questions you have about our products.